Sunday, September 30, 2012

#19 - Meditation

HAI GUISE! 

I feel like my last post was my best one yet, so I'm going to keep this short as there's no way I can top that, plus I'm feeling lazy ;) 

Yesterday's boxing got postponed again, so I ended up asking suggestions via Facebook. Meditation was among them and I felt it was perfect. This challenge has been quite hectic as I've been places almost every day, so taking a little break with relaxing meditation was chill. You can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation

I read a couple of guides online and did three 15 minute meditation sessions, two sitting and one lying down. Long story short: it is difficult to keep your attention on your breathing, because your mind races all the time.

did I notice anything?

It didn't feel boring or useless, sitting still felt quite natural. Afterwards when I was riding a bus I noticed I was more mindful of my thoughts, as they were jumping from one to another.

Also, I think it's quite interesting that scientific studies have proven meditation to be beneficial to one's health. You can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation#Scientific_studies

I also meditated for 15 minutes today. I think I might continue doing it, as it feels quite good to take a little break from everything.



Meditation through levitation

ps. Today I did nothing.. Scheduling next week has been a bummer and I dunno if I'm going to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment