Friday, September 14, 2012

#05 - Baking Cinnamon Buns in the Middle of the Night

Mmm, delicious!

It's 01:30 here and I just ate yet another of my first homemade cinnamon buns. We finished our baking session almost an hour ago. I don't think many people have baked in the middle of the night, let alone on a Friday night.. My original plan was to bake when I got home after school. Before I started, I noticed a friend online and decided to ask her to join me. Elma answered my inquiry with enthusiasm but quickly told me she had to go to work and didn't get off until 23:00.. I decided to jokingly tell her that we were going to have to bake at midnight! and she said "ok, lets do it." Wow! I didn't expect her to say yes at all. I love it that she is ready to come bake with me in the middle of the night after work, some people are spontaneous and really take an effort in friendship :)

So here I was, making dough in the middle of the night.. Not the kind of dough I used to make when I sat many long nights in front of the computer grinding internet poker. No, this dough was soft and warm and making it didn't cause any mood swings or stress. Some of you might know that I used to play poker for a living, but I quit during this year. As they say: "Poker is a hard way to make an easy living" and after 3 years of supporting myself with online card games I had lost the enthusiasm I once had and said bye-bye to poker! Anyways, I finished the dough and we watched some dance stuff while waiting for the yeast to do its thing..


I FKN LOVE DOUGH!!!!


After we had let the dough rise, it was time to make the cinnamon buns. We sprinkled some flour (or as Elma liked to call it: "DUST") on the table and I showed Elma how




  REAL MEN USE THE DOUGH ROLLER!!!






YOU AIN'T A MAN IF YOU DON'T ROLL YOUR DOUGH LIKE THIS!!


We made a huge load of cinnamon buns, and to tell you the truth, they taste AWESOME! Damn I'm proud.. 


Our buns were huge!


Baking is fun and cinnamon buns are quite easy to make. If you want a challenge, bake them like a man!


Elma, me and half of the CB's!

No comments:

Post a Comment