Monday, September 10, 2012

#01 - Write a Blog / Intro to 30 Days, 30 Activites

My name is Patrick and I've challenged myself. I've challenged myself to break free from my routines, for 30 days at least. No more staying at home doing the same old things I've been doing for the last year, it's time to experience something new every day with and without my friends and maybe meet some wonderful people in the process!

#01 - Write a Blog


My first task is to write a blog about this whole shebang. I don't really follow any blogs so I have no idea what's a good blog post, but I'll try my best, whatever that means! English is my language-of-choice for this blog, even though I'm Finnish.. I've always felt I can express myself better in English than in Finnish, which might be a by product of watching too much Cartoon Network when I was growing up. My plan is to update this blog every day I do a task, but we'll see what happens.

Who Dafuq is Patrick?


I'm a 25-Year-Old Digital media student from Helsinki Finland. When I'm not working with digital graphics and video, I'm practising locking! Locking is a funky street dance created in the 70's. It's fast, powerful and energetic and I love it! I started dancing 3 years ago, and it has quickly become a major part in my life.

Here's a little locking solo from me on my 25th birthday!


30 Days, 30 Activities


I've been collecting activities (around 30) that I'll be doing. I've never done any of these activities before. There might be some parts of them that I'm familiar with, e.g. dancing, but most of them are all brand new for me! I've decided to do one activity per day. Some of them might take the whole day, while others might last for an hour tops. Around half of them are solo activities, while the other half I've decided to do with a friend.

"Why am I doing this?" you might ask. Well, I'm the type of person who finds one thing he likes and then keeps doing it as long as he can. Just to give you an example: from the start of 2011 to this day I've logged almost 500 hours of dancing! I think there's nothing wrong with that (except a strain injury in my leg, heh), but sometimes you just have to mix it up. I've also been feeling a little under the weather lately since my grandpa died a couple of weeks ago, so I figured this challenge might help me feel a little better.

Here's 32 activities I've compiled in no particular order:

  • Collect money with Street Dancing
  • Golf
  • Ride a horse
  • Parkour
  • Pick bush blueberries
  • Go poledancing
  • Salsa
  • Be a dad (for a day, lol) 
  • Go climbing
  • Learn some boxing 
  • Go kayaking
  • Write a graffiti
  • Learn the basics of DJ'ing
  • Speed date or blind date
  • Neon lights minigolf
  • Zumba
  • Bake cinnamon buns
  • Aerobic
  • Get my portrait painted
  • Visit exhibits in Helsinki, the Design Capital of 2012
  • Write a proper Letter to a penpal
  • Try online dating
  • Start a blog
  • SuperSize Me day
  • Don't eat anything you have eaten before -day
  • Take care of a dog for a day
  • Complete a jigsaw puzzle
  • Read a book in a day
  • Say yes to everything
  • Row a boat around Töölönlahti
  • Play the Conga drums all day
  • Let a waitress pick my 3 course meal in a restaurant



There might be some changes in the list depending on scheduling and weather issues. I have some backup activities (like knitting or day as a vegan) and some that I couldn't find, but really wanted to try(e.g. Roller disco) that might replace some of the activities above.

I've officially started this project by writing this blog post. Street dancing for money, golfing, graffiti, cinnamon buns, being a Yesman & online dating are up next this week!

Ps. If you know me and would like to do something with me or have a suggestion, please send me a message! I've scheduled some activities already but there's always room for more.

- Patrick

1 comment: