Wednesday, October 10, 2012

#26 - 27 The Godfather & DJ

Hey y'all!

I've been feeling the effects of the flu these couple of days and mixed with heavy dancing it hasn't been a good feeling.. I'm not really feeling very creative, so I'm just going to try and sum these up.

On Monday I took it easy and took up the challenge of watching the first part of the Godfather movie trilogy. The Godfather is considered as one of the best movies of our time, so I wanted to find out what the hype was all about.

It was quite hard to concentrate the full three hours the movie lasted, since I'm used to watching the modern era movies with fast paced editing and quick storytelling. I'm not going to get in to a full review mode here, but I will say that it didn't impress me as much I would have wanted it to. I'm going to watch the rest of the trilogy in the upcoming nights.


The setup


Yesterday I went to my friends house for some DJaying lessons. First we tried the old school method of mixing tracks together. Basically you have two different songs spinning on the turntables that you try to adjust to have the same tempo, and have the counts match. One of them plays from the speakers and the other from your headphones. You adjust the one playing in the headphones with a tempo slider and speeding the vinyl up & down on the deck, so it matches the tempo and beats of the other song. Then when you got it, you can create a transition from one to another with a cross-fade.

 It was very difficult to find the matching tempo for both tracks. At first I couldn't do it, but I started to get the hang of it and made the first almost smooth transition of my life!

After the realness we tried DJing with the help of the computer software and some cheating ways on how to keep a breakbeat going with one track in both LP's.

For me to really get in to DJing I would have to spend like a week doing it. It was fun and difficult. After experiencing it I have much more respect for the DJ's doing their thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment